🚚Free courier delivery*. Please see our FAQ for more information on our shipping policy.
The Digital Bitbox is a plug-and-play wallet and second-factor authenticator that combines the highest security of cold storage with the convenience of software wallets.
For you, it gives simplicity and peace of mind.
Unique advantages of the Digital Bitbox -
- Offline, anytime backup and recovery with a micro SD card.
- Native software client avoids security risks of browser-based clients.
- Tor and Tails OS compatible to protect your privacy.
- Private keys kept on a high-security chip that prevents physical extraction.
- Portable, extremely durable case filled with epoxy and packed with security.
- Subtle design avoids unwanted attention.
- Multisig out-of-the-box (optional to use).
- Smart verification and second-factor authentication mobile app (optional to use).
- Fully open source.
- Swiss ideals - quality, privacy, no backdoors.
Private keys never touch your computer or the internet -
Not even during the initial setup or backup. The onboard microcontroller generates a wallet (BIP32) using a high-quality hardware random number generator to create entropy.
The onboard slot for a micro SD card allows offline backup and recovery. There is no need to expose your wallet while typing on a keyboard or displaying recovery information on a screen, leaving it susceptible to theft by key logging, screen captures, and cameras.
Unlike other hardware wallets, you can backup your wallet at anytime and as often as you like. Switch between different wallets in a snap.
We appreciate paranoia. Therefore, external entropy is added to the hardware random number generator in two ways. First, in order to remove the need to trust the hardware, some entropy is added by us through random bytes set during the factory installation. In order to remove the need to trust us, some more is automatically gathered from you when entering your device password. If that's not enough, load up your own keys either via the micro SD slot or the USB interface.
Cryptocurrencies supported by the Digital Bitbox are listed below. Please note that Ethereum and all ERC-20 tokens are also supported through MyEtherWallet.
|Bitcoin||Digital Bitbox wallet|
|ERC20 Tokens (see list)||MyEtherWallet|